British Taekwondo will be using our dojang for referee training on Sunday 19th September. This is part of the essential preparation for the return to Taekwondo competition.
As part of this referee training, we are looking for people (any age/any level of competition experience) to take part in practice matches in the afternoon from 12.00-3.45pm. This is to give the referees a chance to practice, so it isn't a competition but will be a good chance to have some great sparring practice.
We have had an excellent entry for our 4th Bluewave Poomsae Championship, which will take place on Sunday 24th October at Hampshire Court Hotel in Basingstoke, with over 360 competitors. To make this a great success we are now looking for volunteers to support the setup and running of the event. Please see below for the roles. These roles do not need any knowledge of Taekwondo or Poomsae, so Bluewave members, former members, parents, friends all very welcome.
This will be the first physical Poomsae Championships in the UK since March 2020, so we are keen to make this an amazing experience for everyone who attends.
6.00 - 8.00PM
|8||6||Help set up the venue for the competition; which will include laying mats, moving tables/chairs, organising medals and running orders and other set up as needed||16+ with physical abilities|
|Club Registration Desk||Sunday
8.15 - 9.30am
|2||2||Register clubs as they arrive at the event. Confirm that the club has all its competitors and if not, take note of any withdrawals and provide these to the organising team. Answer questions from club coaches redirecting to organising team if necessary.||16+|
9.00am – 6.00pm
|8||6||Operate the scoring system for the competition; will include running the scoring system, manual changes on system and printing/organising scoring sheets. Basic training on the system will be provided||14+ with basic computer understanding|
|Ring Leaders||Sunday 9.00am – 6.00pm
||12||8||Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the rings; will include locating players on time, organising players for each division and keeping the rings running on time||16+|
|Runners||Sunday 9.00am – 6.00pm
||4||4||Providing assistance to the judges and competition organisers; will include keeping rings stocked with medals, water and snacks and other general duties||10+|
|Close down Assistant||Sunday 5.30 – 7.30pm
||8||6||Help close down the venue after the competition; which will include removing mats, moving table/chairs, clearing rubbish and other close down as needed||16+ with physical abilities|
Congratulations to our 4-6 year old Kickstars who progressed to their new grades following their grading in July. Well done to all of you.
As usual we will be closing some classes over the coming Bank Holiday weekend. Please check below for which classes are running and which are not.
Friday 27th - All classes running as usual
Saturday 28th - No classes
Sunday 29th - No classes
Monday 30th - No classes
If you normally train in one of the classes that isn't running, please do feel free to come down to the classes on Friday or on one of the other days next week.
With the changes in COVID-19 legal restrictions today, we will be returning to a normal schedule and teaching a full syllabus for all ages.
The pandemic is not over. Local and national infection rates remain high. We are therefore carefully adjusting our training and syllabus in alignment with government guidelines. The following changes are taking place from today.
- All social distancing restrictions will be removed. This will allow close contact work for all ages. This also means all students who have their own arm and shin pads should ensure these are brought to all classes (these are compulsory for Green Tag and above).
- The Monday and Thursday Teen/Adult Classes will be extended to 90 minutes. The classes will now run from 7.15-8.45pm.
- The Dan Poomsae Class will now run from 8.45-9.15pm on a Monday. This will continue to be available as a physical and online class.
- The Stretching Class will now run from 8.45-9.15pm on a Thursday. This will continue to be available as a physical and online class.
- Changing rooms will be available. However use should be minimised and only at the start and end of a class. Water bottles and personal equipment should be brought into the training area, trays will continue to be available as required.
- The waiting room will be available. However in keeping with government guidelines on continuing to wear masks in indoor spaces, except for those with exemptions, we will expect everyone except students and instructors to wear masks when inside the dojang.
- Juniors should continue to be dropped off and collected from outside of the dojang to avoid congestion at the start and end of classes.
- Pre-booking of classes will no longer be required. However if you wish to attend (or have your children attend) a class marked as full on the website please contact us beforehand. Several of our junior classes are running close to the limits on capacity.
- To minimise the risk of COVID-19 to the club and our members, please also continue to ensure that you/your children do not attend classes when showing any signs of illness. There will be plenty of opportunities to catch up with any classes missed.