As we come to the end of a difficult year we would like to thank you for your continued fabulous support for Bluewave during 2020.
We just wanted to confirm a few things before the end of the year.
- Classes will continue as usual this week. The final classes of 2020 will be on Monday 21st December 2020.
- Classes will resume on Monday 4th January 2021.
- We expect to resume 2021 with the current classes and government guidelines. If this changes we will send out a further email, update the website and post on Facebook.
- If you wish to change classes, or perhaps for our former members come back to training in 2021, please check class availability on the website - HERE. If a class is marked as full and you wish to be added to the waiting list please let us know.
- There will be a kup grading on Saturday 19th December. The first kup grading for 2021 is scheduled for Saturday 27th February.
- At this point we do still plan to run our Bluewave Open Poomsae Championships on Saturday 5th June 2021. We will soon start preparing for this important event and will be looking for plenty of volunteers. We will also be running our regular Competition Poomsae Training on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month so we are hoping for a good entry of competitors from Bluewave next year.
Normally we finish the year with an all ages fun training session, club meeting and social event. This is obviously not possible this year but we will look to run a celebration once it is possible to safely lift the current restrictions.
We wish you a Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing everyone back training in 2021.
Well done to everyone who trained so hard both in the dojang and online at Saturday's Competition Poomsae Training. Really good turnout for the middle of December.
We will be entering a team in the JCUK Virtual Open Poomsae Championships 29th-31st January. The competition details are here:
We are pleased to say that we will be restarting physical classes from Thursday 3rd December. Working with the guidelines provided by British Taekwondo we have now reviewed any adjustments needed to allow us to resume training in a way that manages the risks appropriately.
We have updated the details in our "Return to Training Framework" which can be downloaded from HERE. This describes the details of how we are managing classes to provide a safe training environment. Please take a few minutes to review the latest version of the framework so that you can help us work within the latest guidelines and maintain a safe training environment for all
The class schedule from the 3rd December will be the same as prior to the latest period of lockdown and can be found HERE. All Teen/Adult classes, the Family class, the Stretching and Flexibility class and the Dan Poomsae class will also be available as streamed online classes as well as physical classes in the dojang. From the 3rd December the KickStars class, Junior classes and the High Energy/HITT class will only be available as physical classes.
We can also now confirm that the Competition Poomsae Training scheduled for Saturday 12th December will run as a physical class but on this occasion only we will also live stream the Competition Poomsae Training as we expect it to be over-subscribed. Please let us know if you would like to have a space reserved for the physical class.
The next kup grading will run on Saturday 19th December. The instructors will be assessing potential grading candidates in the first week after we return to physical training. Guidelines permitting, the following grading will be held in February 2021.
We have decided to go ahead with our planning monthly competition poomsae training scheduled for this coming Saturday, 7th November. This will be delivered as an online training session in accordance with the new restrictions and therefore we have made a few changes that we believe will make the session more effective for both the coaches and those attending. The timings will be;
12.30 - 2.30pm Saturday 7th November
-- 12.30 - 1.00pm Developing basic techniques (all grades)
-- 1.00 - 1.45pm Kup Poomsae (all grades)
-- 1.45 - 2.30pm Dan Poomsae (black belts only)
We will be working on the poomsae in grade order for this online training and therefore you are welcome to either leave the training once you have completed those poomsae that you know or to stay and learn from work on higher poomsae.
We will review this approach after the training on the 7th and then decide whether we should also go ahead with the 2nd planned November session on the 21st November.
We look forward to seeing you online on Saturday.