On the 14th April, Bluewave held its first direct British Taekwondo approved Dan Grading. This was a small start and allow us to test out our new syllabus and approach to gradings.
The four candidates were required to show their competency in all aspects of Taekwondo through demonstrating;
1. 5 poomsae
2. Performing 5 kup grade combinations and discussing the key coaching points
3. 10 one-steps from left and right
4. A full range of self defence
5. Sparring - both 1 for 1, and multiple rounds of free sparring
6. Breaking for 16+
7. Understanding of Taekwondo theory and philosophy
All candidates had prepared well and showed a great approach to their performances. Bluewave is therefore proud to add Pradeep Lalung, Miranda Arnush, Jonathan Paduanelli and Darren Miller to our group of dan grades. Well done!
Thank you to Corey Payne for assisting at the grading, and to our examiners - Master Gerry Reilly, 7th Dan, Master Lynne Firth, 5th Dan and Master Coleen Reilly, 5th Dan.
Our next Dan Grading will be on Sunday 13th October. This will be open to not just Bluewave members but also other British Taekwondo clubs wishing to have their candidates undertake a rrigorous grading in all aspects of traditional Taekwondo.