Bluewave Korean Martial Arts aims to provide the very best instruction and facilities for Taekwondo and other Korean Martial Arts in the Basingstoke Area. The club was started in 1997 by Master Gerry Reilly, initially based in Overton, then developed in both Overton and Basingstoke and subsequently focused on our Basingstoke facilities so we could deliver the best training experience, with the best equipment in great facilities. We are a growing and dynamic club with over 130 members ranging in age from 4 to over 60.
Our team of five instructors have an average of 20 years of experience each and have a passion for all aspects of the martial art. We can also bring to you the best facilities in the area with two fully matted studios, waiting room for parents with free WiFi, changing rooms and the latest training equipment.
Bluewave Korean Martial Arts is a not-for-profit organisation and therefore all our fees are invested into providing the very best training experience and in further developing our club and facilities.
We welcome both new beginners and those with previous experience in Taekwondo or other martial arts. The club can provide you with;
- high quality World Taekwondo/Olympic Taekwondo training at reasonable fees,
- an enthusiastic, friendly and supportive atmosphere,
- our own fully fitted dojang (gym) in Basingstoke, possibly the best in the South of England,
- a broad training syllabus covering Traditional Taekwondo, Self Defence and the Olympic Sport Taekwondo,
- access to the latest training equipment including Daedo TK-Strike electronic scoring as used at London 2012 Olympics and Rio 2016,
- the opportunity to participate in regular seminars, tournaments, and social events.