Welcome to Bluewave Korean Martial Arts. Our Taekwondo club is focused on providing the highest quality of Taekwondo training with classes for all ages run by our experienced team of instructors. The classes provide age appropriate training from 4+ through to adult with a carefully structured syllabus that covers all aspects of Taekwondo including self defence, traditional martial arts and Olympic Sport Taekwondo. New beginners, as well as those with previous experience in the martial arts, are always welcome.
Site last updated: 21st September 2017: News article on building works.
Bluewave is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bluewave may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17th August 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, physical address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and for records submitted to British Taekwondo.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Bluewave are registered with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
At Bluewave we want everyone to have the best possible experience of Taekwondo. We strive to make sure that everyone who takes part in our martial art and sport are safe and happy.
It is our belief that everyone in our sport should ensure that:
- The welfare of a child is paramount.
- Whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity, they have the right to protection from abuse.
- Any suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- Our instructors value children and young people and listen to and respect them
- And, create a positive culture and climate.
For more details on the British Taekwondo Safeguarding strategy including the current policy and procedure please visit this link.